How To Link Aadhaar and PAN Card: According to the notification issued by Central Board of Direct Taxes that tax returns could be e-filed without linking Aadhaar and PAN until 5th August 2017.
Initially, this deadline is extended from 31st August 2017 to 31st December 2017 has now been further extended by the Board to 31st March 2018 in order to facilitate the process of linking. Remember that the ITR can be filed without linking, but the department will process the returns only after linking the Aadhaar and Pan Card.
Read More – Aadhar Card Status Check
You can link your Aadhaar and PAN card in different ways here I am going the mention that ways and their process. Now you just need to follow below mention steps.
Table of Contents
How To Link Aadhaar and PAN Card
- Visit the official website http://www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/ and click on the link on the left pane.
- Enter the PAN, Aadhaar number and enter the name exactly as in Aadhaar card and submit. After verification from UIDAI it is the official website for Aadhaar, the linking will be confirmed.
- If there is a minor mismatch in Aadhaar name provided you will require Aadhaar OTP. You need to ensure the date of birth & gender in PAN and Aadhaar must be same.
- In case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN, linking will fail in such case. The taxpayer will be required to change the name in either Aadhaar or in PAN database.
- You need to verify the details on screen and mentioned on your Aadhaar card.
- Click the “link now” button.
- A pop-up message will appear on the screen shows that your Aadhaar card has been successfully linked to your PAN card.
- How To Link Aadhaar and PAN Card via SMS
You can avail a get the simple SMS-based facility to achieve the linking. To avail, this facility you name given in the Aadhaar & PAN card must be identical. To adopt this method you need to send an SMS to 567678 or 56161 in the format: UIDPAN<t Aadhaar number><PAN>.
In case if your name given in the Aadhaar and PAN card have a minor mismatch, you need to opt the online facility to do the same.
- How To Link Aadhaar and PAN Card via Application
Aadhaar and PAN can be linked into the PAN database by providing the biometrics-based identity number in the PAN application form (for the allotment or for a reprint of PAN card).
In the case where Aadhaar name is completely different from name in PAN database then the linkage will fail and you need to change the name in either in Aadhaar or in PAN database.
In order to do this process, you need to personally visit the PAN application center of NSDL eGOV or UTITSL for Biometric Aadhaar authentication.
Final Point – How To Link Aadhaar and PAN Card
The Department of Income-tax has started an online facility for correction of errors in names and other information present on Aadhaar document & PAN card.
The department already launched this facility to link Aadhaar and PAN. It has also provided two hyperlinks on the official website for e-filing of tax.
One links take you to the application page for PAN number by an Indian national or a foreigner and the other link takes you to the page where you can make all the necessary changes.
You can easily log on to the Aadhaar Self Service Update Portal (SSUP). You can also upload all the scanned documents that are required as proof for updating.
More than 1.22 crore assesses have already linked their Aadhaar and PAN. But this number is pretty low as the total number of people who got Aadhaar is 111 crore.
And the number of people who have been issues PAN stands over 25 crores. As per the data offered by IT department at present, there are only 6 crore people in India file their ITR properly.